For any mother it is vital to know how to diaper a newborn because you will have to do it numerous times during the day.Putting on a diaper for a newborn can be quite a challenge for new parents. Many mothers find it a bit difficult to change a diaper mainly because they have never done it before.
What you need to do is stay calm and don’t panic, you need to take one step at a time until you get the hang of it. Here we are going to show you how to diaper a newborn.
- The first thing you have to do is gather all the thing you will need for changing a diaper. It is easier to do this when you do not have to run around looking for stuff.
- After you have done this it is time to lay your baby on a waterproof surface on his back. What you need to do is keep one hand on him at all times just to make sure that nothing bad happens, or is a safety measure.
- Now that you have your baby on his back it is time to unfasten the dirty diaper and lift the baby’s bottom with great care. The only way to properly raise your babyâ€™s bottom without hurting him is by grabbing him by his ankles. Scoop the dirty diaper from under you baby an throw it away.
- Wipe your baby’s bottom with wet tissues until there is nothing left.
- Clean the are where you are changing the diaper with great care and place the clean diaper under your baby’s bottom. If you do not know which is the front some diapers have colors who indicate where the front is.
- Close the baby’s diaper by pulling the front and stick the tags over it thus securing the diaper. To make sure that you do not interfere with the healing of your baby’s umbilical cord all you have to do is avoid touching that area. Some diapers have a special patch where the umbilical cord is.
- Dispose of everything dirty: diapers, tissues and wipes by putting them is a special container. All that’s left is to clean the surface where you changed the diaper and wash your hands.
This is all you need on how diaper a newborn , as you can see it is not a big deal. You will see that after a while it will become so easy to change a diaper.