Babyâ€™s skin is very sensitive and needs special care. Your babyâ€™s skin is more fragile and more sensitive than that of an adult. Anything, from skin care products to natural elements can cause irritation.Find out how you can protect your babyâ€™s skin, reading the five tips below.
- Keep your baby clean and dry by changing the diapers frequently. That can mean to wake up in the middle of the night to change the babyâ€™s diaper.Â Clean well the diaperâ€™s area at each diaper change with warm water, but do not rub the skin.
- Use an anti-irritation cream after changing the diapers; it helps protect the babyâ€™s skin. There are some â€˜barrierâ€™ ointments on the market for a better protection of the babyâ€™s skin.
- Leave him the diaper a little larger or use slightly larger diapers to allow air to circulate. Also, try other brand to see which one is better for your baby.
- If the weather is nice and warm and your kid can play outside or in a room where the floor can be cleaned easily, it is advisable not to use diapers or ointment for as long as possible every day. Exposure to air will quicken healing.
- Let the babyâ€™s bottom naked during sleep whenever he has a rash. Place a plastic under the sheet not to wet the mattress.
The best preventive measure against babyâ€™s skin rash is a dry bottom, so change as quickly as you can the wet or dirty diapers.