Giving a baby a bath can be stressful for anyone, especially if you are a first time mom, because you are afraid that you are going to hurt him or that you are not going to do it right. Even though you may be scared the first time you will get the used to it in no time. Normally in the first weeks of the baby´s life you do not need to actually put him in a baby tub and was him, a wet sponge is enough to clean your baby. However, if you notice that you baby is to afraid of the water, that he likes taking a bath you should give him on. Here we are going to present you some tips on how to give your baby a bath.How to Give a Newborn a Bath picture
- The first step when giving a bath to your baby is gather all the items that you will need for the bath: a towel, some washcloths and baby´s cosmetics.
- Prepare the after bath stage before the actual bath, this way your baby will not start crying because he is cold and you will not be running around looking for the stuff that you need. All you have to do is set aside a soft towel, a clean diaper and the baby´ clothes.
- Now that you have got that out of the way you can fill the baby tub or a small basin with water. The water should not be more than 38 degrees and it should reach the baby´s shoulders when he is lying down.
- Get your baby out of his clothes and place him in the water. You should do this gentle first the feet and then the whole body.
- Once the baby is in the water you can start cleaning him. Get a washcloth and dip it in the water, add some cleanser and clean your baby from top to bottom. From time to time power some water on your baby so he does not get cold.
- After you have finished cleaning him get him out of the sink but be careful because their skin is wet which means that they are slippery. Make sure that you hold the firmly.
- Dry you baby by placing him on the towel and wrapping him with it. All that´s left to do is get him dressed and put him to sleep.