If you are a parent you should know about introducing solid food in your baby´s diet, like at what age and what type of food you can give him. We are going to give you all the information you need in order to feed your baby the right way, at the right time and with the right food.Introducing solid food Picture
When you baby reached 4 months old that means that you can start giving him solid food. Even though you can start giving you baby solid food that does not mean that you can stop breast feeding your baby because he still needs him. You baby will breastfeed at least 6 months.
In order to notice when your baby is ready to eat solid food you should pay attention to some clues which indicate it.
Here are some clues that indicate your baby is ready for solid food:
- Your baby should be able to keep his head in a straight position.
- Your baby has to stop pushing food out with his tongue.
- Your baby needs to be able to stay upright on his own in order to swallow the food.
- When you baby has gained significant weight than he is ready to eat solid food, he should have doubled he weight he had when he was born.
- If he is still hungry after he ate him meals for the day then he is ready for solid food.
- If he is interested in what you are eating or if he wants to grab what you are eating.
If you have decided to give your baby solid food then you should know that at first the food he should eat is puree. It is too early to give him normal food which is why you have to puree it in order to prevent your baby from chocking with it. You should also keep giving him breast milk because it contains ingredients which your baby still needs in order to develop. Some of the pureed foods that you can give to your baby are: potatoes, bananas, apples, pears and peaches. You should not force your baby to eat solid food if he does not want to, he will demand it when he wants.
As a parent this is the process of introducing solid food into your baby´s diet, it should come at the right time and when your baby is ready for it.